Launch Email List Policy
All email lists uploaded into Launch are subject to inspection to make sure they are sourced ethically. We have the right to suspend any account until proof of where these lists were sourced have been provided. This policy is in place to prevent the misuse of our email services and to protect the integrity of our principals at BackerKit.
» We trust that you’ve gathered proper permission to send emails to your uploaded list.
» You won’t send spam!
» You won’t use purchased, rented, or third-party lists of email addresses.
» Do NOT upload purchased email lists. Our email list policy prohibits uploading purchased/acquired lists and/or lists in which the members did not knowingly opt into future communications.
Example: Uploading a list that was given to you by another project creator would be prohibited as the members of this list did not opt into communication for your project.
» Your account may become temporarily be disabled while our team can confirm that your uploaded email list is valid. If this happens and you are prevented from sending out an email campaign, please reach out to us to resolve your issue.
» Uploading your list will not send confirmation emails.
» Uploading your list will not generate a new member if the email address is already associated with an existing member in your account.
Rules and Abuse
BackerKit doesn’t allow accounts that promote or incite harm toward others or that promote discriminatory, hateful, or harassing Content. To this end, we may suspend or terminate your account if you send a Campaign, create or manage a Site, or otherwise distribute any Content that we determine, in our sole discretion, contains either of the following:
- A Threat of Physical Harm. This means any statement, photograph, advertisement, or other Content that in our sole judgment could be reasonably perceived to threaten, advocate, or incite physical harm to or violence against others.
- Hateful Content. This means any statement, image, photograph, advertisement, or other Content that in our sole judgment could be reasonably perceived to harm, threaten, promote the harassment of, promote the intimidation of, promote the abuse of, or promote discrimination against others based solely on race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, religious affiliation, age, disability, disease, or immigration status.
We also may suspend or terminate your account if we determine, in our sole discretion, that you are either:
- an organization that has publicly stated or acknowledged that its goals, objectives, positions, or founding tenets include statements or principles that could be reasonably perceived to advocate, encourage, or sponsor Hateful Content or A Threat of Physical Harm;
- a person that has publicly made a comment or statement, or otherwise publicly made known a position, including by membership in an organization as discussed above, that could be reasonably perceived as Hateful Content or A Threat of Physical Harm; or
- a person or organization that has acted in such a way as could be reasonably perceived to support, condone, encourage, or represent Hateful Content or A Threat of Physical Harm.
Please don’t use BackerKit or BackerKit Launch to distribute anything offensive, to promote anything illegal, or to harass anyone. You may not use BackerKit Launch to create, send, display, advertise, or sell (as applicable):
- Illegal goods or services
- Emails that violate the CAN-SPAM act or other anti-spam laws
- Pornography/sexually explicit content
- Campaigns promoting or supporting terrorism or violent extremism
- Counterfeit products or products that infringe the intellectual property rights of others, including trademark, copyright, design or patent rights
- Products claiming to prevent, treat, or cure COVID-19 that are not approved or authorized for emergency use by regulatory or public health agencies, such as the FDA in the U.S.
- Products that are in demand due to COVID-19 with excessive pricing, price gouging, or deceptive pricing practices or in demand due to COVID-19 and prohibited by applicable law
BackerKit also does not allow the distribution of Content that is, in our sole discretion, materially false, inaccurate, or misleading in a way that could deceive or confuse others about important events, topics, or circumstances.
If you violate any of these rules, then we may issue a warning to, suspend, or terminate your account.