Integrations: How do I integrate with Shopify?
UPDATE: Shopify recently made updates to their APIs, and your BackerKit + Shopify Integration may have disconnected. Please re-connect your Shopify integration with the steps below.
To fulfill your orders with Shopify, use the following instructions to set up your integration:
- In BackerKit, using the Take Action timeline, click into Start Shipping or click on Fulfillment > Fulfillment Integrations page from Tools section.
- Select Fulfillment Integration.
- Click the Connect to Services tab.
- Click Add New Connection.
- Select Shopify as your fulfillment service.
- In Shopify:
- On the left side menu, go to Apps
- On the bottom click “Develop apps for your store”
- Click Add an app: BackerKit for app name field and create app.
Once the app is created, using Configure Admin API scopes settings , configure the following parameters:
- Customers: Read and Write
- Order Editing: Read and Write
- Orders: Read and Write
- Product Listings: Read and Write
- Products: Read and Write
f. Then click int' the "API credentials" tab to then click the "Install app" button
g. After clicking "Install app" you'll see an API username + Access Token. On Backerkit enter your Shopify API password as an API password
3. In BackerKit, navigate to the Fulfillment Page > Click '1. Connect to Services' > Add New Connection.
Enter the following:
API Username = On BackerKit enter your Shopify API key as API username
API Password = On BackerKit enter the Access Token from your API credentials page as your password
Store subdomain = On BackerKit enter your store Subdomain (Store subdomain is whatever appears before myshopify.com)
After successfully connecting your Shopify account in BackerKit, be sure to run the following tests to ensure that the connection is successful.
1. Click Test Connection
2. Click Check Shopify Access
3. Click Check SKUs with Shopify
a. This will put you on a page with all the matching SKUs we found.
b. All SKUs in BackerKit should match in Shopify. If there are any errors, you can correct them and try them before proceeding.
4. Click Send Test Order.