How do I create a segment?
To take action on specific groups of backers, you can split them into segments.
Note: The segment creates a snapshot of the backers that meet the segment criteria at the moment you make the segment. Once you create a segment you can’t apply additional further filters to it.
You can update the segment by refreshing it. For more information, see How do I update a segment?
To create a segment:
- On the menu on the left, click Segments.
- Click Create a New Segment.
- In the Segment Name box, enter a name for the segment.
- Under Choose Filters, select the filter you want to use to split your backers. For more information about the filters, see What filters I can use to split my backers into segments?
- If you want to further refine your backers, click Add Another Filter and select another filter.
- Click Filter Backers to see a list of the backers in your segment.
- Click Save This Segment.