How do I duplicate add-ons and set visibility?
Duplicating add-ons is necessary if you need to set up a unique price for the same item based on pledge levels (early bird vs. standard pledge levels vs. pre-orders) or if you need to charge different shipping fees based on pledge levels: '$1 No Reward pledge level / Pre-order' vs. 'Reward pledge levels' vs. 'Retailer pledge levels' or any combination.
Note: If you are charging different shipping fees for duplicated add-ons, please set up those profiles on the Add Shipping Fees page.
Steps on How To Duplicate Add-ons:
- On the menu on the left, click Customize Add-ons.
- On the add-on you’d like to duplicate, click Duplicate.
- Update Price* field if you are charging different price for the same add-on.
- Update shipping profile by select a new shipping profile under Select a shipping a profile.
- Adjust Who gets to see this add-on? to customize the visibility of the add-on for different pledge levels.
After you have duplicated the add-on, be sure to click Edit on the original add-on and deselect pledge levels that you have chosen on the duplicated copy. This can be done under Who gets to see this add-on?
Now you are selling the same add-on at different prices and/or are charging different shipping fees, or both.
Pro tip: Creators often duplicate add-ons to create a $1 No Reward and Pre-order store version so they can charge different shipping fees because backers in the $1 No Reward pledge level and the Pre-order Store are coming into the survey without having paid a “pledge level shipping fee”.