How do I issue complimentary credits?
Complimentary credits are optional, additional credits that you can give to a backer. For example, you may want to give a backer extra credit for discounts and special deals.
Note: Complimentary credits don’t change the total dollar amount collected for your project.
To issue a complimentary credit to a specific backer:
- On the menu on the left, click Backers.
- Search for the backer by their name, email address, notes, or pledge ID.
- When you find the backer, click their name.
- Under Pledge Level, in the Complimentary Credit box, enter a credit amount.
- Click Save.
To issue bulk complimentary credit to a specific group of backers:
- Create a segment of the backers needing credit.
- Once the segment is created, click on Segment Actions.
- You can then enter in the complimentary credit amount and click Assign Credit.